I just think using either of those words is ridiculous and uncalled for.
I don’t think the term “cracker” is on the same level as the N word. It might hurt feelings yes but it’s the same as being called an asshole, or a douchebag, in my opinion.
Nowhere, from what I’ve seen, has the word cracker been used as an oppressive term on the levels of the N word, so, again, I see it less as a slur, and more as a generic insult, one of which people can easily brush off.
Like seriously that whole mindset of “oh they didn’t mean it in a racist way” is honestly kind of bullshit
Say I pull out a gun and shoot you in the arm. I can preach endlessly about how I wasn’t trying to kill you, but that doesn’t make the bullet any less lethal.
When someone shouts the N word, people always assume it’s a joke- “Don’t be offended! It wasn’t meant in a racist way!”
But as soon as the term cracker or honky is used to describe a white person, people are up in arms over racism against white people.
Ain’t that just a peachy thing.
say your fucking prayers nanako
I’ve been tagged by fargut to list my top 10 favourite games. This is going to be one of the hardest things I’ve done but hey, here they are in no particular order:
- Mass Effect- The original one’s a bit wonkier combat wise, but the exploration. Mmmm.
- Pokemon LeafGreen/HeartGold- I can’t pick one over the other plz don’t make me
- Team Fortress 2- The game is going on 8 years old and it’s still relevant. That says something.
- Super Mario 64- This isn’t even a nostalgia choice; it’s just really fucking good.
- Red Dead Redemption- Engaging gameplay with a fantastic story i’ll fite you if you say any different
- Fire Emblem: Awakening- It’s my favourite game on the 3DS I’m sorry X&Y
- Minecraft- I’m sorry for such a generic choice but man it’s already so fun vanilla, and mods make this game so much more enjoyable
- Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap- Ohhhhh mygod I love this game. I should do a review of this game it’s so good.
- Pokemon Colosseum- It has its problems but back in the day this was the hard new pokemon game, and it holds up that moniker. Plus, best ost in the series.
- Fallout: New Vegas- Plain and simple, no reasons needed imho.
I’m gonna tag talas-amaze-blog, nyapanzer, trixify, jexima, perplexedcam, annnndddd gayscalyoctopus
(ps you guys don’t have to add reasons- i just did it because i have a lot of feelings about vidya)
Ignorant men raise questions that wise men answered a thousand years ago.
Let’s Find Pokémon: Crystal
The nerd station. (Minus posters I have yet to hang)